Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Very Much Like a Bad Dream

Did I ever post about my Animal Behavior professor?? Oh that's right, I have. Anyways, he's back in my life I'm sorry to say. He's part of a team that's teaching my seminar and not only am I still bitter about 1. his misogynistic teaching style 2. the fact that it's his class that kept me from having an enjoyable semester and 3. the fact that I think he's an assh0le, but he's also assigned us over 100 pages of reading for Tuesday's class. Now normally 100 pages is no big deal to me, hell I read that in a book during an afternoon commute. But this is peer-reviewed scientific reading, centered around the soporific subject of kin-recognition systems and genetic reasoning for altruistic behavior....snooooooooooooooooze. What's more is that I have to write my response before I leave for New York, because on the way to/from NYC, I have to study for an exam on Tuesday. We're allowed one "pass" on a paper throughout the semester, and I can't tell you how tempted I am to use this week as my pass. Three things though: 1. the semester might get worse and there may be a point where I really need to skip out 2. I like the people doing the class presentation on Tuesday and I know this professor is going to be totally hard on them in a way that this week's professor was just NOT hard on me and my partner, so I want to help them out by giving them feedback that they could use for a presentation and 3. I want to really shove it up this guy's ass. FAR.UP.HIS.ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Not doing the paper would be too easy. I have to do it. I have to fit it in somewhere in this tangle of studying plants, getting a hair cut, going to the dentist, getting my nails done, taking a conference call, getting my annual review. I will write this paper. I will. And it will be f*cking brilliant. And a certain professor won't have a choice but to accept the fact that I'm smarter than he thought I was. RRRRrraaaa! Good thing I took care of Valentine's business last weekend!!

No comments: