Thursday, November 08, 2007

8 November

I *must* be feeling sick

I know I must be feeling really ill. How do I know this besides the general feeling of foulness coursing through my veins? Easy - a lowering of standards.

Tonight I'm celebrating the birthday of a friend - my old roomie from school! I made her something special for her birthday. Normally when I make something nice for someone, it also requires a nice package. I love bags and boxes from the Paper Source, they're perfect for homemade goodies.

Last night at 2am upon finishing special birthday gift, I scoured my house for something nice to put it in, box or bag. I came up with absolutely nothing. Damn. I figured that I could hit up CVS at some point today and get a gift bag. Of course when I woke up this morning I realized I'd have to be hitting up CVS for more than a gift bag (dayquil, nyquil, tissue, halls, oj, soup, etc). I walked up and down the aisles looking for something suitable. No, I did not want a bright pink bag with "diva" emblazoned on it, no I did not want a musical bag (what?), no I do not want a bag with cute cartoonish animals. At this point, a plain bag would have done. Finally I settled on a slightly ugly but not terrible floral creation (and Rach, if you're reading this, you are so much more badass than the floral bag!!). Well, I think, this will have to do. I go on a tissue paper hunt, for tissue paper is what makes a gift in a bag complete. There is none in the store. I look down every aisle for any color of tissue paper, contemplate stealing some from a display, then resign myself to a gift bag sans tissue and pay for all my stuff.

The gift looks a bit lonely in the bag without any garnish. Boy, am I letting myself go :P

No comments: