Tuesday, April 26, 2011

John James Audubon!

Google looks like this today - it's John James Audubon's birthday! Thanks to my friend Rachel, the walls of our living room are graced with Audubon prints. I love them, they actually make me happy when I walk in the room! They're so vibrant you could stare at them for hours. I'm plotting ways to get my favorite print up in the dining room, a Baltimore Oriole in a Magnolia tree. Our wall are full, but there's always room for another Audubon print, right?

Here's what we have on the walls now (forgive the hideous camera phone photos):


Louisiana Heron, now called the Tricolored Heron


Screech Owls - especially fitting as I've found one living in a tree not far from our apartment


Pileated Woodpeckers


Blue-Winged Teals and Mallards


Great Blue Heron, one of my favorite birds


Carolina Parakeets, which are unfortunately extinct. Sad considering how beautiful they were.

No comments: