Friday, October 03, 2008

MOUNTAIN DAY!!


In the grand old tradition the "most beautiful fall day" had been chosen by Smith College president Carol Christ - aaand it's MOUNTAIN DAY It is pretty much the best holiday EVER and I have many many fond Mountain Day memories: first year, Look Park, sophomore year, day by the pond, junior year ICE CREAM at that place with the water wheel, and senior year, me and my gallies taking the first years apple picking and accidentally picking the "experimental apples." If you know me you know I have kind of a crap memory for events and sh*t but I REMEMBER Mountain Day very clearly.

I still must have a sort of psychic connection with Mother Smith as I took the day off from work to prepare for girl party, but as I have to drive to the boonies to fetch the Subaru, I will be going out and enjoying the weather and such - I even plan to have a girl party jack-o-lantern, so I will be hitting up a farm stand too, very Mountain Day-appropriate. I am even sneaking over to a favorite cross stitch shop, tee hee. It shall be a good day indeed!

Even if you didn't have the foresight to take a day off for Mountain Day today, get out in that fresh air and take a deep breath. AHHHHHHH!!!!!

1 comment:

everything and nothing said...

Perhaps I also have a psychic connection to the Alma Mater because I lost my keys and couldn't leave the apartment this morning. Obviously Smith was telling me "stay home today" or more likely, "Clean your d-m room" or "A place for everything and everything in its place".