Thursday, October 02, 2008

The Exciting News I Forgot!

AH! Can't believe I forgot the good news in all my bitchery!

My bandamate, basically roommate, from Kenya got married this spring and is now expecting a baby! AHHH! It's funny because I think a lot of other students weren't sure what to make of her, I mean, I wasn't at first, but after a while, we got along really well and I think she's just the most fantastic person. I bet a lot of our group would be shocked to find out she got married and is now having a baby given her personality (very very snarky, BUT hilarious) but I'm not surprised at all. She's great with kids and the professor's kids adored her. When we invited a preschool group over to our camp one of the little ones bonded with her right away and she spent the day carrying her around. I totally see her as being a great mom (she already is, she and her husband have two kids but this is her first biologically/their first together) and I am so excited for her :D It also gave us a reason to IM for the first time in a long time. I told her I needed her address so I could start sending her homemade baby stuff. I think she thought I was messing with her - but you all know me, I'm sooooo not :D
So yay for babies!

No comments: