Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Meeting My GOALS

Today I arrived at work before 7AM. It was awesome.
I'm not a morning person, so for me to call getting up at 5:15 to catch the 5:58 train "awesome" is pretty damn special. It is awesome though, awesome in the sense that I will now be home at 5, I will now have a life, I have cut down my morning commute by about 30 minutes - it used to be 1 hour and 40 minutes door to door, and now it is right around 1 hour 1o minute, give or take a few. I'll be able to go home and exercise, do some cardio AND pilates all before 7pm and then have time to get sh*t done....oh I dunno, like PAY BILLS! woohoo!

Also - recognition time...
My friend Rach read my Mboya post and PayPal'd me some school fees. Then EE asked when I was going to send out another mass appeal for funds. Don't worry, I WILL be doing that eventually, once we sort out Mumbua's education situation, something about which I need many more details. For now, I just want to say thank you to Rachel because this semester Mboya, Mumbua, and their entire family are going to get a significantly larger chunk of change than I'm usually able to send them. I can't even tell you how far this will be able to stretch - I sent my friend Salaash a mere $50 during the election crisis and he sent me an email back saying that he will be able to feed his entire family (wife and two kids) without any worry for more than a month. Knowing that Mboya will be able to provide for his family and his sister even while he is away working on the road crew fills me with a joy I can't even express in words. I will be floating on air when I go to Park Street to send the MoneyGram.....
...but only til I actually get to the counter, because I have an irrational fear of getting jumped when wiring money from the subway.....or maybe it's rational. I dunno!
At any rate, thank you so much Rach :) You rock!

No comments: