Thursday, February 19, 2009

Premios Dardo!


Recovering Actor gave me the Premios Dardo award! I feel specialllll!

It comes with rules though...hopefully I can come up with eight people to tag (eek!) but for now, rules......here they are:

Step 1: respond and rework -- answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own. (mine are in blue)

Step 2: tag - eight other un-tagged people

1) What are you wearing right now?
"comfy pants" from NY&Co, white button-down under red short-sleeved sweater, fugly shoes, my glasses


2) What is your biggest fear?
I have many that are pretty much equal. At this moment it's probably the fear of unimaginable and complete devastation of the status quo. Like big sh*t that I can't even prepare for. Though that's a pretty irrational fear I guess, when you can't even put a finger on it. Oh well.


3) What is the one thing you're really nerdy about? And don't say you aren't nerdy, because let's face it... everyone is a little nerdy about at least one thing.
Birds. Sigh. It is uber-nerdy but I frickin' love birds. If I could make my living being an ornithologist I would. Sometimes I have super-dweeby fantasies about finding some bird everyone thought was extinct, like the ivory-billed woodpecker or the carolina parakeet (yeah cause they're totally in my backyard lol). I have a life list that I am working on entering into excel as a sort of database format that matches up with the Cornell University Lab of Ornithology's "Birds of the World" list. Every time we plan a vacation, I buy a bird book that corresponds with our destination. Whenever I see a new bird, I put the date and location next to the description in the bird book. This is actually helpful as a rarely keep a journal when I travel. Recently I was looking through my birds of Kenya book and realized that the bird sightings correspond with our movements throughout the country and it really jogged my memory, which was awesome. So see? Nerdy but not entirely without purpose!!


4) Who is the last person you hugged?
My mom and sister in a group hug.


5) What websites to you visit when you go online?
Ha ha ha have you seen my blogroll? When I get online in the morning I read abc news and nytimes.com, I check in on ravelry and flickr, log onto facebook. At lunch I check on my "people" blogs, then throughout the day I'll visit some of my craft blogs.

6.) If you had a secret power, what would it be?
Having the power to fly - see ya later MBTA!


7) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Some place new: Australia Some place I've been before: Kenya (obviously)


8) If you woke up tomorrow and were a boy, what is the first thing you would do and why?
PEE STANDING UP because it is really the only reason I'd want to be a boy, lol.


9) Has a celebrity's hair cut ever influenced your own hairstyle?
Nah. I think certain celebrities have sexy hair, but I know I couldn't replicate it.

10) What is your most embarassing moment?
I tend not to get embarrassed because my life is fairly ridiculous and I have to go with it. I do always get embarrassed when I overshare inappropriately. Most of the time I doubt other people pick up on it, but sometimes I'll think "why did I even say that?" As far as pants ripping in public or falling down - oh I'd take that any day in comparison to my word vomit!


11) What was the last movie you watched?
Secret Life of Bees

12) If you had a whole day to yourself with no work, commitments, or interruptions what would you do?
SCRAPBOOK because I'm in 2005 still.


13) If you were to win the Powerball, what would you do with the money (besides invest it)?
We-e-ell. If the jackpot was massive I'd do the following in this order: pay off my loans, my sister's loans, Jamaal's loans, pay off friend's loans, pay off parent's mortgage, buy a new Subaru Forester, buy this house in JP, buy the empty lot next to my grandparent's lakeside cottage, pay for a pimped-out wedding (but would keep in classy), fly out to Kenya to begin work on my hospital and the Women's Knitting Co-op I have all planned out in my head. As Jamaal says "If Allison ever won the lottery, she'd be broke."


14) If you could convince everyone you knew to read one book... what book would it be, and why?
"Mountains Beyond Mountains" by Tracy Kidder. It tells the story of Paul Farmer, who began a one-man crusade to save the world. It is idealistic and inspirational. It emphasizes helping fellow human beings, empathy, social equity and basically doing good, as well as the importance for access to healthcare for everyone on the planet and the need for a cleaner and safer environment. It's fantastic.

15) If you could make one scientific discovery/invention/novel idea what would it be?
I think I might actually try and invent a fart-powered car. It's totally gross but I think it could work. Heh heh heh. Then I would cure cancer, starting with non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, obviously.

Okay. tag time! I'm tagging (though I think about 80% of them won't do it!):

1.Amy
2.Jamonster
3.Rach
4.Alex
5.Dev-o

Five for now, maybe I can come up with more soon!!

3 comments:

Alex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alex said...

I did this! and accidentally deleted my older comment saying so haha. :)

Al said...

awesome! I'm gonna check it out!