Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Ringing in 2009

I am coming up with a photographic post that really captures the essence of 2008. I'm also trying to do a quick book roundup too, so I can start adding on the books of 2009 - I already have 3 to add thanks to Stephanie Meyers, LOL.

I only have this to write. I talked a bit about the sleeping issues with Jamaal. He didn't really have too much to say about it, but he was reassuring and comforting and it helped to get them off my back. We talked about it a couple night ago again, and since then, the anxiety, the loneliness...well, it's started to recede a bit, and that's really really good. It's weird, I seem to wobble between these weird highs and lows. Nothing uncontrollable, but it's odd nonetheless, though none too surprising given the state of flux my life and freakin' finances are in at night (yeah I'm being a loser and worrying about money, which is so un-me, but I owe the dentist 600, my dad 150, and tomorrow need to make a 225 loan payment....there's two weeks salary *gulp*)

So last night Amy and I went to re-see Twilight, and I loved it even more the second time around. It's not the greatest movie ever made, obviously, and I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would mock me for loving it, but seriously, it is like candy for my brain, and I have a sweet tooth, and Twilight is just the type of thing that satisfies it. Now that I've completed the series I think I appreciated it even more and have managed to get over the whole weirdness of Edward's makeup in the movie, though I do hope they work on that for New Moon.....So ok, my point. I got home from Twilight around midnight, and of course could not sleep, which kinda sucked, but I pranced around my room for a bit, cleaned up a teensy bit, fed the birds, etc, paced back and forth a bunch, pranced some more, and finally leapt into bed. I turned on the TV, but stupid crap was on, so I turned it off....then I started thinking about happy things....then it turned to me making up stories in my head, which I think I've probably done since I was a little kid. Before I knew it the scene in my head became a dream, and I fell into this blissful deep sleep in which I didn't so much as roll over since I woke up the next morning and nothing had changed or moved. Mnnnn it felt sooooooo gooooooooood.

Of course then I rolled over and saw I had overslept by 2 hours. ugh.
Oh well.

Photos next time....I really bitched about 08 but it wasn't so bad. A lot of big changes, both good and bad. I told Jamaal my wish for 09 is peace and quiet. No drama. No funerals. No life-changing negative events. That'd be so sweet.
"Stupid Lamb"
"Sick, masochistic Lion"
O, delicious delicious Twilight.

No comments: