Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dreaming

Last night I dreamed I was in Kenya.

It was amazing and wonderful. I was there with my whole family and I was showing them all the different types of birds. They were everywhere. I said to my mother "Do you see and understand now why I love this place so much?"

I sat with Maraka and Mboya and took their hands and said "I do worry about you so much when I am away and I don't hear from you. I worry about you because I am in the US and you are here and it is not easy for me to check on you." Mboya said "Oh, pole sanaaaaa" in his way of drawing out words, "what can we do for you to make this better?" "There is nothing you can do," I told them. "Just be safe in everything."

When I opened my eyes this morning, I was smiling. I closed them again, savoring the dream. Even now the thought of it makes me very happy and surprisingly, not sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful, Al. What a beautiful dream.