Tuesday, February 27, 2007

the itch

Oh my goodness. I am sitting here in the midst of stress, work and a to-do list a mile long. I have deadlines to meet for work, deadlines for class, CRAP TO DO, PEOPLE, and what am I sitting here doing every time my computer takes longer than 3 seconds to load a web page? Trolling the internet for craft inspiration. Seriously!

So I have an exam tomorrow in Conservation Biology. I have a Dr's appointment tomorrow as well. I have about 100 people on followup in my database that need my attention. I have medical records wallowing at Health Information Services, just waiting to be picked up. I have a pillow to finish, a birthday gift to work on for late March, pictures that need to be uploaded and organized and label. I have a tire to buy (7th flat in 4 years. Do I hold the record, or am I tied with a Nascar driver yet?). There are bills to pay, taxes to do and a TRIP TO COSTA RICA to plan. I have to pack and buy bus tickets to NYC. Make out birthday cards, buy wrapping implements. I have quilting class tonight. You would think a girl would take a hint and focus on work and school and life. But no, not me. I am plotting my next craft project. INSANE. Who does that?

What's worse is that I'm not organized about it. All at once I thought of things I'd like to do: make another quilt, make another scarf, make this hat. I start figuring out when I can sneak to Windsor Button and buy some Lamb's Pride wool, or should I treat myself to Last Minute Knitted gifts and some Koigu yarn, because the ripple scarf is hawwwttttttt. There must be a diagnosis for this neurosis. Maybe "procraftination" AHAHHAHAHH Jesus.

Anyways, a favorite blog ended up offering the opportunity I was looking for - Larissa of Stitch Marker is selling this pattern to benefit a family touched by tragedy. The fact that the money is going to a good cause and not just to sate my craft addiction made the expenditure all the more worthy. The pattern is one that will be featured in a book the blog's author is putting together. I have no idea how far along she is in the book process, but I'm already lusting after it, and all the beautiful patterns that I'll find between the pages. Sigh.

Whew. At least blogging has calmed me a bit. I think I'm a bit neurotic when it comes to crafting because I want to try and do everything at once (let us not speak of the scarf-in-progress that is fast approaching its 4th birthday of being exactly that: a scarf-in-progress). I have a backup of sexy yarns, fabric scraps and photos for scrapbooking. I think I need to calmly approach these things one at a time. But you know I won't!

This weekend's bus crafts shall be: meathead hat, fingerless gloves promised to Amy, secret gift for birthday. And that's just THAT!

1 comment:

Excalibur said...

In some ways I swear you thrive off of the insanity of having so much on your plate.