Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Starbucks Cup #52, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital

(a totally necessary venti latte)


The Way I see It #52
True story: Recently I eavesdropped
on a conversation between two
twenty-something employees at a
local Starbucks. I listened as the
barista mused about his taste in
music. Then the cashier asked
him if he had ever heard the song
"Strawberry Fields Forever." After
a pause, the barista answered,
"No, can't say I ever heard that
one before." That's when I knew
there really was such a thing
as a generation gap.
--Mary Chapin Carpenter
Grammy award-winning singer-
songwriter. Her songs can be heard
on Starbucks Hear Music station,
XM Satellite Radio Channel 75.
I do not call the above the "generation gap." I call it SACRILEGE!!!!!!!!!!! Strawberry Fields Forever, while it may not be the most famous Beatles song by any means, is a classic!
Living is easy with eyes closed
Misunderstanding all you see
It's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
It doesn't matter much to me
Let me take you down cause I'm going toooooooooooooo
Strawberry fields
Nothing is real
and nothing to get hung about
Strawberry fields forever

No comments: