Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Solemn Vow

If I ever have the chance (privilege I guess?) of procreating with the Jamonster, I solemnly swear I will not

1. post on Facebook every day about being knocked up - this includes daily updates about morning sickness, what the baby 'wants' to eat, what I want to eat but can't, getting kicked, getting fat, maternity clothes, and any gruesome birth details.

2. be creepy about it - e.g. posting ultrasound pics on Facebook with the babies bits pointed out with "it's a girl!" or "it's a boy" on there, be weird with people about birth, baptism, godparents, comparing pregnancies, etc.

3. leave myself out in the open for comments, whether critical or supportive.

This might be snarky, and it might be especially snarky coming from a non-parent, but the amount of pregnancy stuff I see from people is a bit shocking and totally annoying. I think it's absolutely wonderful when someone says they're expecting, whether via blog or email or facebook. I'm happy! But when it is EVERY.DAY. I guess there comes a time when I just need to block their newsfeed from my page....but I'm writing this down now so if someday I find myself in a pregnant state, I do not do the very things that used to annoy the heck out of me!

I also vowed with my sister never to drive a minivan. I'm really going to try my best to avoid the van. No offense to van drivers out there, because honestly, as much as I personally dislike minivans, you're still waaaaay better than those mega SUV's.

OK, rant over.

PS I am watching the oddest movie on Netflix streaming, "City of Joy" with Patrick Swayze, which was highly rated. Very odd, very odd.

PPS I just checked my wallet and I don't have enough cashola to get my car out of the T garage. BOOO

PPPS I am making dinner for me and my sister tonight and I'm excited. The end.

No comments: