Friday, July 23, 2010

Hair did, Nails did, etc

So Saturday is my 10-year high school reunion.
In the past week I've had a haircut, eyebrow wax and pedicure. Today I'm going in for a quick manicure.

My mother is wondering what's wrong with me. "What's all this about? Pride?" she asked last night. "HELLS YES" I answered "I haven't seen 99% of these people since graduation! I have to look halfway good and seem successful!!!"

She just raised her eyebrows, looking at me like I was crazy. But it's true, it's true! I do need to look halfway decent and seem somewhat successful in life!

Then I think, Oh hell, why do I even care? It's not like I'm friends with these people. I don't give a flying f*** what they think about me, and most of them I'll probably never see again. What is it that is driving me to do all this (not that a haircut or mani/pedi are exactly a chore lol)?

I think it might be my own personal secret revenge. It's not like I was bullied or beat up in high school or anything like that. I wouldn't want to have to do it over, but at the time, it wasn't like I led this miserable existence, I think I made the best of it and tried to have fun (and did have a lot of fun.....heh heh heh). I think I was definitely nerdy, but my friends and I played sports, were in the marching band (ok that's kinda dorky) were involved in a billion extracurricular activities, were in National Honor Society, etc. Despite this, a certain subset of people were just...I don't know...bitches..and sometimes, we were definitely singled out as victims (don't worry, most of them got what was coming to them before they even left high school. college rejection, what? yeah, that's me being a bitch hahahahah). My friend from high school and I have talked about this here and there, and while we absolutely laugh about it now, we sometimes look back kind of puzzled. What drove this bitchery? It seems we did very little to provoke it! Oh well. I don't mean to dwell on high school, 'cause it's over and we're OVER IT. But will I look for opportunities to point and laugh (even if it's post reunion, over a bottle, uh I mean glass, of wine with my friend?) Oh.Hells.Yes. Can't wait to see what karma has done to some of these people, and how the people who were fun and nice have come out on top. *evil smile*

No comments: