Friday, June 18, 2010

Still Awake






After this week of work madness I needed some peace and quiet.
My coworker and office mate, whom I actually like a lot, was full of complaints and noise today.
I was at the end of my rope. I left early. I walked through a mob of my coworkers way way early and said "have a nice weekend!" and did NOT look back nor CARE.

I finished my book.
I snoozed on the train.
I sang show tunes all the way home.
Then I took myself to the river.
It was all bluegreenshimmery and it smelled like summer and water.
The air was full of birds and dragonflies.
It was glorious glorious and quiet and still and comforting and peaceful.
And perfect.



Strangely after all this
I'm still awake.
I'm supposed to be working on a wedding "to do" document.
Instead I'm rewatching the series finale of Lost....
And listening to some Great-Horned Owls call to each other.
It's quiet and peaceful too.
Just what I needed.

No comments: