Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Slogging through the Sludge in my Brain

Ok. So this week (ha ha and it's only Tuesday) I am just very mentally deficient.
I don't know what is up with me, but I am
1. feeling lazy
2. BEING lazy
3. Getting easily confused
4. Confusing others
5. Having trouble following directions
6. Feeling disjointed

None of it is actually unpleasant because all in all I feel fine. Finetastic. It's annoying cause I'm doing random sh*t. Like "oh let's buy some yarn online cause it's only $2." LIKE I NEED MORE YARN. Or let's enter a bridesmaid giftie giveaway and comment on the WRONG blog. And it wasn't like "oh I like these soaps" it was like "this is my plan and blah blah blah blah blah" Then I realized and recommented. Who does that? Silently slip away in shame, lol.

A mouse just ran in our office. Gave me an adrenaline rush. At least I'm a *bit* more awake now. ehhhh.

Anywho, I blame the previous list of 6 items on:

1. allergies and allergy medication. Makes me sluggish
2. hormones (ok I dunno, sounded good)
3. coping mechanism for extreme stress at work, tomorrow's 3PM principal investigator call in particular
4. coping mechanism for extreme disorganization at work
5. techinically having too much time on my hands and not effectively filling free time with productivity, thus falling back on laziness/disjointedness to fill time
6. because I can

I don't know the answer. All I know is this: I have got to get my shit together. And FAST. I am soooo scattered. I think it might actually be PI call stress. Ugh. I shouldn't be stressed....One PI loves me. The other didn't want to hire me...but I got hired anyways and it has kind of blown up in his face, right? So I am the victor here...BUT I STILL want to make a very good impression and prove that I am smart and capable and able to balance everything out. I think I have an intense fear of being really spastic tomorrow. Oy. I'm off to do some stuff before I leave....to go bowling....where I will probably be doubly spastic but will have the sense not to compare myself to a S------ O-------, ahem, Mr. President.

No comments: