Wednesday, July 12, 2006

muzak meme cause I am so bored at work

muzak (or not) meme
Stolen from everyone (by my sister, from whom I stole it)

Total volume of music files on my computer:
* 664 cause I'm at work....

The last CD I bought was:
* Smithereens CD at the Smith bookstore when I was there for reunion.

Last acquired:
* The Hot 97 Request Line and Now 21, both burned for me by Jam.

Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me:
* I'll Believe Anything - Wolf Parade (I love this, discovered it from dooce and have adopted it. I listen to it when I walk to work from the chain to bring my mood up, and while I run. I love the band's funky sound and the lyrics are amazing)
* Elevator Love Song - The Stars (also from dooce. I love love love it and listen to it on the way out of work to calm the mood down. The lyrics are sad, but I think they would speak to a lot of people from my particular generation, even if they don't directly refer to me.)
* Portions for Foxes - Rilo Kiley (this one isn't particularly meaningful, more fun to sing and it's on the Grey's Anatomy soundtrack which is permanently trapped in my car's CD player)
* Stranded - Smithereens (also trapped in the car CD player. Plus I love a capella. Unlike all other music I have a small chance in hell of sounding good while singing it because of all the different ranges. Plus this song has beautiful lyrics "It's coming over you, like it's coming over me, I'm crashing like a tidal wave, that drags me out to sea, I wanna be with you, if you wanna be with me, I'm crashing like a tidal wave, and I don't wanna be, STRANDED)
* I had Little Earthquakes by Tori as the last one cause it was the last one I was blasting in the car, but instead I'm gonna put "I'm Sorry" by Jem, because I love playing this song at work, it REALLY fits.



Top five genres:
* unknown
* vocal
* workout
(because I am sad and haven't classified my songs)

Five people to whom I’m passing the baton (I am also tagging the unsuspecting with this...):
hahahah pretty much no one, but that's ok
- - - - - - - - -


Sort by Song
First Song: 1 Thing (Party Blend) - Ty Boogie (yeah I don't even know it, ha ha)
Last Song: You'll Keep Me Then? - Out of Africa soundtrack (this clip breaks my heart everytime I hear it)

Sort by Time
Shortest Song: "Save Me Jebus!" - Homer Simpson (0:12) (same as Ame, amazing)
Longest Song: Konstantine - Something Corporate (9:37)

Sort by Artist
First Artist: 50 Cent (Disco Inferno - oh the shame)
Last Artist: Various (Clarinet Concerto in A Minor, Mozart, from "Out of Africa" soundtrack)

Sort by Album
First Album: 12/04 (which Amy burned for me)
Last Album: Work It (workout songs, also burnd by Amy)

Search the Keyword--song title only--and see how many songs appear:

"Sex": 1
"Death": 1
"Love": 22
"You": 59
"Me": 117
"Drug": 0
"Hate": 3

Shuffle your library and list the first five songs. No padding your playlist you hipster, you. Be honest, or I'll kill you.

1. Let's Get Loud - J Lo
2. A swahili song that is fabulous, but I don't know the name of it - I call it the "shakin song" cause of the lyrics
3. In My Life - Judy Collins
4. Karma - Alicia Keys
5. The Chokin' Kind - Joss Stone


Total music: 664, 5:08, 7,238KB

No comments: