Tuesday, April 25, 2006

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude


So.

I just got off the phone with this lady who works for the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. She is coming to audit certain cases I have entered into our database in..hmmm 2 weeks from tomorrow. Holy crap right?
Ok now this wouldn't be such a big deal if I hadn't fallen so utterly and miserably behind in my work. It's quite wretched, and now she is coming in two weeks and expects to have up to September 2005 in the database. THIS IS 32 PATIENTS.
Now some of you might be like "I don't even know what this means and why are you freaking out"
Well
I am freaking out because abstraction for lymphoma is just not the same breed of abstraction as it is for breast, lung or colorectal cancer. I'm not saying that NHL is necessarily more difficult, it's just more complex in that lymphoma is a "liquid" cancer without identifiable tumor sites and can be widespread in the body. The patients who have it badly enough often have to get bone marrow transplants. It is in general a crazy-ass DISEASE. So I have these 32 patients and 8 pages of followup to do. This does not bode well.....the coming weeks shall be slightly disastrous. But I think I can do it. I think I just might be able to pull it off. And apply to grad school at the same time. I can do it all, right?

Heh, better schedule that pedicure for the day after the audit. I am soooo gonna need it :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU CAN DO IT AL! Ummm....way to give you notice, right? What is up with THAT? Lady's like...so I'm gonna pop by yesterday to see that mountain ass pile of shit you've been doing. Cool, right?

Seriously! But if anyone can do it, and do it with styyyyyle, it's you. BE STRONG AL. STRONG LIKE A SAPLING IN THE WIIIIIIIND!!!!111ONEONEONE

Luuuuuuuuurve,
Elizabeth