Friday, December 03, 2010

I landed in Orlando

Figured out the rental cars, picked some subcompact thing, programmed the GPS and set out...

As I curved around an on-ramp and saw a marshy area with palms and egrets and looked out to the flat land beyond the highway, all I could think was "Kenya."








Could I be any crazier? Something somewhere every day reminds me of Africa... I suppose this is good in a way...I'm not forgetting it, it's always on my mind. Ha. I am sure everyone is sick of me talking about it too...but it's like malaria, it gets in your blood and it never never really goes away. Ever.



I wonder when I'm going back? I hope I don't have to wait too long...it is really really lovely and wonderful.

In other news, I'm swimming with the dolphins tomorrow....which is nothing like anything I did in Africa, so for a while, I might shut up about it and just talk dolphins!

No comments: