Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Realization

As funny as that scene in the car is (ok in retrospect) I did realize something today.

I really need to sloooow down.

Slow down. Be organized but not overwhelmed. Stop trying to be perfect. Relax.

I think I'm going to have a really hard time doing it, but, I think it's something I really REALLY need to work on. At the rate I'm going, I'm going to be burnt out by 30 - seriously! I'm reaching burnout phase. It's not good, and I have to do something about it.

How'd I arrive at this conclusion?

Honestly, it was a combination of what happened on Monday night and reading this. Yeah. I read that. And I went in thinking "what is this stupid woo-woo website going to tell me about taking care of myself?" Then, as I read, all I could think was "wow. this, aside from the family details and lost pregnancy, is me. ow."

I don't know how I'm going to slow down exactly - it might take time (says the girl with a conference call at 8:30 tonight). I'm feeling committed to finding out, and enjoying how it feels.

Eh though right now, all I feel is hungry. I'm frickin' starving! Off to forage for some food.....

Thank you for letting me ramble.

No comments: