Thursday, May 27, 2010

VENT

OMG

SO get this - my eye doctor's schedule is booked 3-4 months in advance...so if you want an appointment in June, you best call by February or you're out of luck. I know this. I called in February. I got an appointment for June 10th.....

....which turned out to be the date of the most important conference call of the year. It took me weeks to get the appointment, then for various reasons it took me two weeks to get someone on the phone to cancel it. I was squeezed in to a Tuesday morning space in August....very inconvenient, at least half a personal day from work, etc.

This morning my boss comes in, all laissez-faire and SHIT and is like "oh yeah, well....the programmers don't have anything ready. So we're canceling that call and all related calls and scheduling them for a week later. Update your schedule, mmmmkay?"
WTF
WTF
WTF
And she WONDERS why nothing is EVER accomplished?! It's because of this absolute BULLSH*T. Sooooo **irritated**

And I know this is a 24/7 deal for a lot of people, they get jerked around every damn day, so I should be grateful that it only happens to me once in a while. Still though. I swear, if it were any other doctor or dentist, I wouldn't even care, but this just pissed me off no end. Oh, and the fact that I can't see with my glasses anymore is also a concern.

I know my August appt coincides with a conference call, and usually I bend over backwards to be accommodating and call in from the road or from the effing train to join in the conversation, but this time, I'm going to be BUSY. Hmmm. Maybe I should make plans to go to the beach that day with my sister. Hmmm....I have found the silver lining!

Ah, blog venting does serve a purpose.

No comments: